2017 JTAN Membership Rules
Thank you for your interest in the Japanese Teachers' Association of NSW. Before you apply for membership and pay the fee, please read the membership rules below:
JTAN Membership Rules
(Payment of membership fees constitutes agreement to the following rules)
- JTAN membership for 2017 is $65.00 for teachers and $30.00 for pre-service teachers.
- Membership is open to any individual who is engaged in the teaching of Japanese in Primary or Secondary schools, Universities and TAFE in New South Wales, Australia. Membership is not transferable to another person.
- Annual membership starts from 1 January 2017 and ends 31 December 2017. There is no discount on membership fees.
- The membership fee is not refundable once banked.
- Members will receive Newsletters and other correspondence, mainly through electronic mail. However, you are not permitted to share your PIN and password or any resources with people who do not pay membership fees to JTAN (including students).
- Members will occasionally be asked to contribute their time and/or share their knowledge and experience with other members. On such an occasion, JTAN asks that you contribute as much as you are able to.
- Some information may not be sent to members who do not provide a valid email address.
- JTAN Mailing List facilities used by the JTAN Committee will disclose your name, email address, school/institution name and current courses taught.
Membership Application Form
for Membership, Exam orders, Workshop
There are two methods of payment accepted by JTAN:
a) Government schools who use Ed Connect, Finance
(Please check with your school administration officer)
- Obtain a PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER from your school administrative officer and ask for PRE-PAYMENT by payment due date to be organised through Ed Connect, Finance.
- Complete the JTAN online Application form, remembering to enter the Purchase Order Number. You will receive an automatically generated confirmation, which needs to be passed to your school administrative officer who should send it to Ed Connect, Finance with the purchase order number and prepayment request.
- The JTAN system will automatically generate an invoice to Ed Connect, Finance. The teacher will not receive the invoice.
- Once payment is received the receipt will be sent to Ed Connect, Finance and to the teacher. If you do not receive the receipt by an expected payment date, JTAN strongly suggest that you remind their school administrative officer of the payment due date.
- We have asked that DEC Ed Connect, Finance inform school administrative officer of invoices and receipts sent to them on behalf of the school.
b) Private schools and gorvenment schools who do not use Ed Connect, Finance
- Please complete the JTAN online Application form.
- Print/Forward the invoice to your school administrative officer for payment.
- A receipt will be sent to you when your payment has been received.
Please make cheques payable to: Japanese Teachers' Association of NSW
Post cheques to: Japanese Teachers' Association of NSW PO Box 6453, North Sydney 2060
Please make sure that you identify the transfer with your name and purpose of payment.
Bank: Westpac Banking Corporation
Acct No.: 17-4882
Acct Name: Japanese Teachers' Association of NSW
Our ABN is: 94 045 344 808.
Please note that Japanese Teachers' Association of NSW is NOT registered for GST.